Saturday, May 4, 2013

early mornin' (0700 hrs) ride


with the weather finally getting warmer and the sun being seen earlier, i am making an effort to get out of bed and active. there is so much to live for. and it's time i started living. so i am making the effort to help myself get and stay active. today was the start.
i just have to figure out how to do it monday thru friday. traffic is extremely heavy on the road i live on in the early mornin with kids and adults heading to their destination. so i am thinking that i have to adjust the time go out for my very short leisurely ride. since traffic settles down in the neighborhood around 0800 hrs, i could start my very short ride @ 0830 hrs. then head out again on a longer ride around noon and end at my daughter's house to watch the kids. will have to make sure of that plan bur i think it's a start. i can then take another ride after leaving there around 1900 hrs. o man! that just might be a good idea. would have to write things down to separate the rides but it just might work.
when the car is ready for a trip, we can take the bikes and go. i'll be ready for the longer rides. below is the info for my very short ride.
ROUTE: home neighborhood
GOAL: n/a
OF NOTE: chilly (50), no wind
COMMENTS: this was my first early mornin' ride. started 0705 hrs and returned just shy of 30 min later.
am trying to get into a routine that will help me get moving in the early mornin'. this mornin' was just that, a short 5 mile ride around the neighborhood i live in. quite a nice ride really on an early Saturday mornin'.
the only thing was that my fingers got quite cold as i do not have the full glove to wear in cool weather. other than that, my very short ride was pleasant and invigorating.

hope i can keep it up. i know it will do me good and help me in staying active.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i appreciate feedback and that u took time to read my blog.