Sunday, April 28, 2013

first ride in 3 wks

the past 3 weeks has been really hard as i have not been able to ride the bike.
first it was weather. then i got sick and was down for 4 days. when i could finally get on to "stretch my legs", the weather went wet. and then yesterday, April 27th, i came down with a stomach bug. what a wild past 2 weeks.
following is the first ride i have been able to get in.
TRIP TIME: 1:00:50
TRIP DISTANCE: 11.71
AVERAGE SPEED: 11.56 mph
CADENCE: 54
ROUTE: DUCK CREEK
GOAL: rebuilding stamina
OF NOTE: new route/first time in 2 weeks riding.
COMMENTS: after having been unable to ride the bike for over a week due to weather and being sick, i was finally able to get back on. and did it feel good. i was excited to finally be able to get out again.
the beginning of the ride started out really well. we went north on the route at first and explored.
one of the paths took us up to road lvl. hubby had stopped and was trying to decide which way to go when i came up. i unclipped the left foot and then the right but for some reason, my left foot reclipped and when i went to put the foot down, i fell on my left elbow, scrapping it up just a bit. good thing i was wearing pants or my left knee would have been rescrapped up. after laying on the ground for a minute or two, i remounted my bike and drank some water. we, my hubby and i, turned around and went back to our starting point and continued to explore the south part of the route.
i was doin' good tho i did stop due to getting a little light-headed. hubby was checkin his chain so it was a good stop. from there we had no mroe trouble. we made it to the end of the route at I-30.
we headed back after riding in the parking lot we headed back to the starting point.
the ride was really good. it felt good to feel the wind in my hair and the pain in my legs.
what a great ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i appreciate feedback and that u took time to read my blog.