Monday, April 8, 2013

leisurely ride

today i rode the bike in the neighborhood. did not keep the stats as it has been a week since i last rode.
i decided to stay in my neighborhood, work on breathing technique, and rhythm. and with the wind as strong as it was today, gusts of 20+, i'm glad i stayed in the neighborhood.
i was able to keep my rhythm but i found myself huffing at times and had to slow my breathing down as i kept up my rhythm. that is difficult goin' against the wind or climbing an incline. i only hope i can get it together b4 hubby and i go out on some off-road trails.
looking forward to that. today hubby was checking out some body armour for the knees, lower leg, and elbows. he also looked into gettng the "emergency" kits for trail riding. things like bug repellant, snake bite kit, and the like. can't wait to get the stuff and try out those dirt trails. hope we start out on more flat with a few challenges instead of the steeper trails. bike control is really key when riding on dirt/rocky trails. used to do it a lot in my younger days. but now that i'm 50, a bit heavier, i have to start over so to speak and get the feel for my bike and trust that it can handle the terrain. the tires r strong and sturdy so i should be able to count on them.
in order to have fun on the trail, u need to be as prepared as u can. safety is always first and foremost.
my ride took about 1 hour and was so exhillerating. when i finished, i felt so good. don't think i made 10 miles but that was not my goal. weather on Wednesday is supposed to be wet and Tuesday, will be very windy, cooler, and somewhat wet so it may be a couple days b4 i can ride again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i appreciate feedback and that u took time to read my blog.