Wednesday, May 29, 2013

sandi_SL4-16

ROUTE: neighborhood route
TEMP: 80*F
TRIP: 7.19 miles
TIME: 1015hrs
TOTAL TIME: 0:40:35
GOAL: breathing and rhythm in sync
OF NOTE: there was no sun whatsoever. the wind was constant and strong. however, i did not have much of a problem with it. only when i had to get back to pace after slowing or stopping did i even notice it. 8)
when i saw the clouds and wind blowing thru the trees, i had decided to NOT ride. however, my hubby's gentle nudging along with Holy Spirit, got me on my bike. i'm glad i did. it was quite refreshing. humid, but refreshing.
just after getting started, i thought my back tire had gone flat. saw my hubby and asked. he said, 'looks good.' so i continued on my way.
the ride continued uneventful until i was almost finished and coming up CopperMeadow. as i was approaching the intersection of CopperMeadow and Planters, a truck with trailer was backing up and had pulled forward and went on. a Dodge Ram, tan in color, followed him without even stopping at the stop sign. almost hit his left rear quarter panel. said something i shouldn't have and continued on. finished the route and did my cool down.
motorized vehicles need to watch and look for those on bicycles. if they don't, an accident can happen and the cyclist will usually be on the loosing end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i appreciate feedback and that u took time to read my blog.