Wednesday, May 22, 2013

sandi_SL4-15

ROUTE: neighborhood combined with kearney route to twila's
TEMP: 82*F
TRIP: 14.16 miles
TIME: 1710hrs
TOTAL TIME:1:16:14
GOAL: breathing and rhythm in sync
OF NOTE: ride was accomplished during rush hour. however, traffic was not that heavy. the wind really wasn't a factor. 8) that must mean i am pacing myself correctly. we'll see when the wind is more of an issue.
with the weather the way is has been the past few days and having the grandkids, it was really difficult to get on the bike. but today, was so perfect! if i had a kiddie trailer for the bike, i would have been out in the mornin'. the wind was nonexistent and it was perfect temp-wise. i was so itching to go. but i waited 'til they were gone and got myself ready right after they left.
i was all ready to go when i did my preride check. chain-ok; alignment-ok; tires-low. what a bummer! i had to wait until my hubby returned to help me air them up cuz i wasn't sure how to work the air compressor. so from 1530 hrs to 1630 hrs, i waited as patiently as i could.
chatted with good friends on FLYFF while i waited. when i heard the car entering the garage, i went to greet my hubby.
after putting his stuff away, he graciously showed me how to work the compressor and connector. once that was done, i was on my way!
it was really good to get out there on the bike. after riding my warm-up route in the neighborhood, i noticed that my rhythm and breathing were in sync. i decided to make the Kearney ride to my bff.
the ride was uneventful. i kept to the right lane the entire way there. cars were courteous, keeping the proper distance. only one vehilcle was quite rude. a van kept honking at me. as soon as i put my arm out to signal i was turning left, it passed me as i was about to make my turn.
bicycles have the right to take up the entire lane and do not have to move over to let motor vehicles pass. read the rules of the road. and when a bicyclist signals with their arm they r wanting to turn, it doesn't mean that vehicle can pass them.
so remember people, bicyclists follow the same rules as motorized vehicles.
wish i could go for another ride but i will wait. don't want to push myself to the brink and not enjoy the ride. tomorrow is another day. let's hope the weather will be as accommodating as it was today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

i appreciate feedback and that u took time to read my blog.