Friday, June 28, 2013

sandi_SL4-27

ROUTE: neighborhood/bff
TEMP: 89*F
TRIP: 16.34 miles
START TIME: 09:10hrs
TOTAL TIME: 1:21:42
GOAL: breathing and rhythm
OF NOTE: the wind seemed to come out of the southeast this mornin'. not much wind but enough that i was aware of it. it was also really humid.
on the way home, i stopped and chatted with my daughter. caught her as she was about to get in her car. chatted for about 30 min. good rest stop.
feeling really good, i decided to add an extra mile or there about to my ride. instead of goin' back home via Kearney, i took Beltline to the service road.
quite surprised that the vehicles gave me no trouble. there was no honking or threats. it was truly a pleasant experience riding down that road. think i have extended my route just a bit for now.
will begin to work on getting my cadence/rhythm a bit higher now that i am able to ride further. shouldn't be too long now b4 i am attempting more challenging roads.
with the adjustments to my bike this week, i am able to apply more power so i can bring my rhythm/cadence up. today my left knee hurt in the beginning of the ride but after a while it became a dull ache. then i experienced some thing i can explain as 'throbbing' tho it wasn't hurting. it felt weird but after a while it too stopped. yes, my knee still hurts but not like it has in the past. i was actually able to apply power with my left leg and not just my right leg. maybe, just maybe, the adjustments done by my hubby fixed my power application problem. i really had no problem pedalling up the inclines. keeping a steady rhythm was much easier. increasing the rhythm was no problem. 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

i appreciate feedback and that u took time to read my blog.