Wednesday, July 31, 2013

sandi_SL4-38

ROUTE: neighborhood/Beltline route
TEMP: 90*F
WIND: from the south TRIP: 13.28miles
START TIME: 2000hrs
FINISH TIME: 2100hrs
TOTAL RIDE TIME: 1:00:43
AVERAGE CADENCE: 67
GOAL: correcting the way i ride.
OF NOTE: the wind was coming from the south but at times it seemed to come from the east as well. OMG! my cadence average is 67! that's 3 more than yesterday! 8)and i thought i wouldn't match it.
my legs ached to get out on the bike. so even b4 my planned time to leave, i was already on the bike. my ride was really not all that eventful. ride thru the neighborhood saw many people out walking and/or playing outside. the smells of grilling dinners were very much evident in the air. 8) smells were tantilizing. and i saw my hubby as he was finishing up his ride in the hospital parking lot.
one thing of note i did catch myself doing is NOT turning the wheel when in a turn. leaning the bike with the wheel slightly turned doesn't always cut it. missed the vehicle by about one foot.
after getting on Kearney's gradual upgrade, i was surprised that i was able to keep the RPMs up above 10. wasn't really goin' all that fast but i wasn't fighting myself either. i am paying attention to the way my legs feel when i can no longer keep a steady pace. when my legs begin to feel 'heavy', i kick it down one gear. i am then able to keep my cadence goin' and thus not tire out so quickly. making that gradual incline on a regular basis with no difficulty will be one big accomplishment. then i have another challenge all ready to go. 8)
riding Beltline was a breeze. had no trouble keeping my rhythm up. all the lights were green so i didn't have to stop and then start. 8) that was really nice.
Hwy 80 service road is a still a bit of a struggle for me. since it's at the end of my ride, i tend to really slow my rhythm down. but this time, i kept the rhythm up and MPH did not drop below 10. 8) this is a real accomplishment. i look forward to when i can keep my MPH 15 on a regular basis.
with each small step, improvement, accomplishment, i am getting closer to my goal of being able to ride longer distances. i am training to ride the right way so i can get the most out of my biking experience. 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

i appreciate feedback and that u took time to read my blog.