Saturday, July 6, 2013

sandi_SL4-31: new tire break in.

ROUTE: White Rock/Downtown
TEMP: 100*F
TRIP: 24.26 miles
START TIME: 13:45hrs
TOTAL TIME: 2:08:39
GOAL: get used new tires
OF NOTE: this ride was done in the heat of the day.
today was a real challenge as we rode in the heat of the day and my new tires only helped me keep up with my hubby. tho i did go slower at times, he would double back and make sure i was ok.
the ride started out well. i actually was able to keep my tires rolling without having to struggle. these tires measure 26 x 1.75 and they roll so very nice. the resistance was almost nonexistent. i am looking forward to getting ready for the next rally with these tires. i will work on getting my cadence up and keeping my rhythm as i increase my cadence. i will also start in the lower gear. i had been starting out in 3 x 7 or 3 x 6. after listening to my hubby, i will change the way i start out on the bike. with that change, i should save more energy to go farther and not burn out like i did.
we went all the way to Downtown Dallas. the ride was absolutely beautiful. i was beginning to wear out but the GNC Sport drink really helped me keep going. however, the drink emptied well before we headed back to the car. while in Deep Ellum, we stopped at 7=11 where they gave my hubby ice for out sport bottles. continuing on to the Kennedy Memorial. we went around the memorial and headed back. i was really beginning to go down hill by the time we reached the second light on the way back. i fell behind my hubby as he was able to make 5-6 lights ahead of me. after catching up as he waited for me, we continued together on Main, back thru Deep Ellum and back to the trails. by the time, i was on the trails, i was really out of steam. i was truly goin' on determination to finish.
i yelled to hubby, 'Shade now!' and with that, we found the first shadey area after crossing the street. i actually stopped, put my bike down, and laid down. hubby graciously handed my water bottle to me and i laid there. it was at least 5 mins before i took a drink. we were there for at least 10. didn't time it. i remounted my bike and continued. stopped one more time before getting back to White Rock Lake. i had made it to the lake again. the climb on the bridge over the 2 streets. i was very slow. i had put the gears 2 x 5 and eventually dropped it to 2 x 3. it was shear determination i made it to the top.
all the way, i was thanking God for a wonderful husband who wants me to reach my goals. he encouraged me the entire way, especially on the ride back to the car. i felt i had let him down. but he assured i did not let him down.
i know i let him and God down when i got all worked up over a vehicle that come so close to me that if i had moved to my left in any way, i would have been hit by that vehicle. and i was in the bike lane. i should have let it go but i didn't. i pulled my bike directly behind it and continued to the ride. the vehicle pulled over checked the back end cuz they thought i had touched his stupid vehicle. i did not touch but i did not show Jesus at all to them. i am so tired when vehicles do that to biker riders. and to top it off, the vehicle blocked the crosswalk causing the people trying to cross to have to go into traffic. that vehicle driver was really rude and very stupid. i was stupid in that i did not keep my mouth shut.
i finished the ride on a high note cuz i finished the ride. hubby pulled the very cold extra water bottles and handed me mine. my hubby is the best. 1) he encouraged me the whole way. 2) he didn't get all bent out of shape when i did. 3) he helped the entire ride in every way he could.
i am blessed to have a hubby like him. i will work on my attitude and frustration levels when bad things happen.
i will be working on my cadence, rhythm and rpm's as i ride. i will take the advise hubby gave me as we rested and waited for me to get back on the bike. his advice should really help me accomplish my goals.
the extra i will do is swim, weights so i can loose the weight and gain the strength in my legs to make the goal of keeping up with my hubby.
8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

i appreciate feedback and that u took time to read my blog.