Wednesday, August 21, 2013

sandi_SL4-44

ROUTE: neighborhood/352/beltline/tripp
TEMP: 90*F
WIND: from the S/SE TRIP: 28.80 miles
START TIME: 2000hrs
FINISH TIME: 2115hrs
TOTAL RIDE TIME: 1:33:36
AVERAGE CADENCE: 62
GOAL: meet the challenge
OF NOTE: challenge: railroad bridge and adding distance.

started the ride off leisurely but quickly put my rhythm up along with the speed. kept the gearing mostly in the middle sprocket to keep the rhythm quick and smooth. while riding the warm-up in my neighborhood, i was thinking of nothing and was really debating on which way to go. as i came to the stop sign exiting the neighborhood, i decided it was time to meet the challenge of getting up and over the very steep bridge over the railroad tracks. i made the first hill and did my best to get as much speed as i could. however, it wasn't enough to get very far up the steep incline. i persevered by continuing up by gearing down to 2 x 1. it was a definite challenge but i am glad i finally tackled it. after making the crest and heading down, i had to stop at the light b4 turning onto main and headed for beltline. i took kimbrough as i didn't want to tackle downtown beltline. entering beltline i rode the entire distance to tripp rd. without incident. tripp rd was smooth and uneventful. vehicles were polite and went around as they were able. the only incident that bothered me just a little was on 352 heading to wheatfield. a gray car came so close to me i was surprised they didn't hit me. other than that, my ride was great. i have got to stop arguing with myself before every ride. i am so exhilerated afterwards. there is nothing like a good ride to clear ur head and refocus ur mind.
now i have to keep up the work in making my challenges and accomplishing them. tho it may be slow, i am moving forward.

UPDATE ON TRAIL INJURIES: my thumb bruise is healing nicely. my hubby noticed a big bruise on my back right shoulder just behind my armpit and said it is very noticeable. i have not yet seen it. there is a bruise on my left inner lower thigh close to the knee. the scraps on my right calf r healing nicely. the cut on my right index finger is also healing nicely. my right shoulder does have a bit of pain but nothing to be concerned about. other than that, all is well. making plans to do trails again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i appreciate feedback and that u took time to read my blog.