Thursday, August 15, 2013

sandi_SL4-41

ROUTE: neighborhood/BFF
TEMP: 77*F
WIND: from the N/NE TRIP: 20.04 miles
START TIME: 0905hrs
FINISH TIME: 1042hrs
TOTAL RIDE TIME: 1:37:24
AVERAGE CADENCE: 63
GOAL: rhythm, cadence, hydration
OF NOTE: the wind! it was very strong coming from the N/NE. however, the challenge was met head on. and i won!
with the weather so beautiful and me just not wanting to really pass up the opportunity to get a good ride in, i fought with myself on whether or not to ride. guess which one won the argument?
THE BIKE!
i am so glad the bike won out cuz once i got out there, it was so freeing. i really enjoyed the ride. from the start, the wind was definitely noticeable. however, i put my gears where i could keep good rhythm and cadence. i am working on a rhythm that i can maintain throughout the ride as well as when changing gears. it's definitely a work in progress. the change can be dramatic if the gears 'jump'. so i am working on the front gear changes so i don't have to 'kick it down' so hard or fast on the rear gears. there is a definite advantage to using that middle gear on my bike. i am finally riding smarter, not harder. taking the time to find what really works best for me will be the key to having an enjoyable and long ride.
i also do my best to take in my surroundings as i ride on my chosen route. i find when i look around, the ride takes on a much more relaxed feeling. yes, i am still concentrating on my rhythm and all that, it just helps make the workout much more interesting. i am not one to just look strait ahead and ignore what's around me. tho i look like i am not taking it all in, i really am. i have learned to use not only my eyes but my ears as well. i also am honing my other senses as i ride.
the one thing i am learning to do is listen for God's still small voice. i love hearing Him talk to me. His presence gives me the joy i have in riding and getting out. i am very thankful that i can do what i do.
sometimes, as i ride, God and i have conversation on what i am goin' thru or dealing with at that time. it seems i am much more receptive when i ride my bike. He really does help me to be calm, peaceful, and let's me know that resting in His arms is right where i need to be.
i find the ride helps me to be a better me. after the ride i am much more willing to deal with whatever comes up in the right way. my attitude is happier and brighter. guess i need to do a lot more riding the bike, eh?
one other thing: for the past few rides, my cadence has been in the 60's range. 8) that's a good thing. gotta keep up the good riding and get it to a steady 65 and or higher. burns more calories the higher and longer i can maintain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i appreciate feedback and that u took time to read my blog.