Thursday, July 3, 2014

sandi_1609 - SAE06

BIKE: Roadie

DATE: 2 July 2014

ROUTE: main/galloway/tripp

TEMP: 78*F very humid

WIND: strong wind from the South

TRIP: 16.72 miles

AVERAGE CADENCE: 60

START TIME: 10:30hrs

END TIME: 11:54hrs

TRIP TIME: 1:10:24

GOAL: to finish the ride

OF NOTE: the wind was constant from the N.

once again the wind came from the north. but this time i was ready for it. tho it was strong for long periods of time, it never really let up. so when i went with the wind, it was a nice break from the constant in my face. along with the clouds and humidity, it was a challenge for me. so i used the challenge to monitor my hydration and rhythm of legs. i had cramping in my left foot and lower calf which was annoying but not ride ending. i stretched my left foot a little more than i usually do. i also was not able to take on the more challenging TownEast hills again. however, i did accomplish a different challenge.

i took the bridge over the railroad tracks. it is quite steep and as always, ended up on lowest gear for climbing. but i was not sturggling as much as i usually did, prolly due to the wind at my back and not my face. it felt good to make it over the bridge without being worn out. i must be getting into better riding shape. after accomplishing that challenge, i headed up Davis/Main to Galloway. that part was uneventful. but the roads r a bit rougher than Beltline. turning onto TownEast i had to keep my bike steady and strait as the wind was blowing against it. i made the decision then not to do the more challenging hills on TownEast and took Beltline instead to Tripp Rd.

i ran over something and when i looked down, it looked like my back tire was flat. 'bummer! i had wanted to practice with hubby b4 i had to do it on the road,' i thought to myself. i pulled over to the little park across from a neighborhood b4 Jobson and took a look. NO FLAT! i was happy. i checked my trip computer and saw i had ridden just over 12 miles so i decided to stop and rest. i had a few bites of my power bar i brought with me and a few squirts of my water mix and poured my bottle with only water in it over my head. that felt really good! 8)

after about 10-15 min, i picked up my bike and road around the pathway b4 getting back on Tripp Rd. i rode to the park i usually stop at and took a potty break and also rode on the path around the pond. it was nice to see it filled up a bit with all the rain we have gotten. i then got back on Tripp Rd and then right on Collins.

with the wind at my back, i was confident that i could maintain some momentum to make it up the incline. i would guess it to be about 3% but it's still a bit of a struggle for me. it's so much easier with the wind at ur back. 8) as i creasted the hill, i decided to go to Old Barn and turn right there into the neighborhood to head home.

it was a great ride!

until next ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment

i appreciate feedback and that u took time to read my blog.