Thursday, October 3, 2013

sandi_SL4-51: 2 rides combined

morning ride
ROUTE: neighborhood/clay/scyene
TEMP: 82*F
WIND: from the S/SE
TRIP: 24.01 miles
START TIME: 1003hrs
FINISH TIME: 1258hrs
TOTAL RIDE TIME: 2:01:16
TOTAL TRIP TIME: 2:47:22
AVERAGE CADENCE: 66
GOAL: getting ready for bike rally
OF NOTE: the wind was very strong and steady from the south with gusts coming from both south and east. it was a challenge that i met head on. 8)
not much happened on the ride.
i took one real break at my daughter's home for about 20 mins. visit was really nice. took beltline and tripp on the final leg of my ride. really relaxing. as usual, collins was a challenge. i have yet to make it up that incline from the light with any real speed or without being winded. one of these days, collins won't be a problem.
until next ride...8)

evening ride
ROUTE: neighborhood/clay/scyene
TEMP: 82*F
WIND: from the S/SE
TRIP: 18.22 miles
START TIME: 2000hrs
FINISH TIME: 2130hrs
TOTAL RIDE TIME: 1:30:25
TOTAL TRIP TIME: 1:30:25
AVERAGE CADENCE: 64
GOAL: getting ready for bike rally
OF NOTE: the wind was very strong and steady from the south with gusts coming from both south and east. the evening wind wasn't as strong but still very constant and steady.
did not make any stops.
riding my warm-up in the neighborhood, had one incident that could have ended my ride but i was able to avoid it by letting out a scream as i rode by the vehicle that was backing out of their driveway. i was heard by the driver and they slammed on their brakes as i rode on by.
i can't believe they didn't see me. my headlight was on but apparently they didn't look again in my direction. u know, the headlight on my bike is there so i can ride when it's dark. u would think. a moving light would get someone's attention. oh well.
the rest of my ride was uneventful.
my morning ride was very warm and humid. the evening ride was also warm and humid. so when i got home, i was soaked. normally, i don't have sweat dripping off me cuz it usually turns to salt on my skin. but this time due to the humidity, it didn't do that.

until my next ride... 8) off to the bike rally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i appreciate feedback and that u took time to read my blog.