Tuesday, June 3, 2014

sandi_1609 - SAE01

BIKE: Roadie

DATE: 2 June 2014

ROUTE: 20 mile route

TEMP: 81*F

WIND: gentle breeze from the South

TRIP: 18.20 miles

AVERAGE CADENCE: 60

START TIME: 20:05hrs

END TIME: 21:45hrs

TRIP TIME: 1:20:34

GOAL: 20 miles in 2 hrs

OF NOTE: the wind was constant from the S/SE.

this ride is made on Roadie, my new Specialized Allez Elite.

the route is designed to do more 'climbing'. i am now riding my neighborhood for warmup and then off to Kearney and up that gradual incline to I-635 bridge. over the bridge and right to theater. around theater to 80 service road and slowly up and over the highway again. the service road is a gradual incline with a steeper section to Galloway. right onto Galloway with a break from so much climbing. after a short break at the Mesquite Police Department, outdoors of course. returning to Galloway, i make a left to Kearney. climb a short distance and then roll down the road to the light and hope i don't have to stop. turning right onto Collins/352, i have 2 challenges. the first is a short but steep hill with a very short downgrade to the main challenge for my ride. the railroad bridge is the challenge i placed at the end of my ride to challenge myself. and a challenge it is. with absolutely no momentum to help me climb this steep bridge, i dug in and got as much speed/momemtum i could and then started downshifting one at a time. by the time, i got to the top, i was in first gear and breathing fairly hard, but i had made it and continued on down the other side. turning right onto Main i geared up and started the incline. with this being at the end of my ride, i was definitely tiring but i had an energy that let me go a bit further and i made a ride that was close to 20 miles.

i am proud that i have finally gotten one item on my challenge list marked off. my next challenge is to tackle the many climbs on the McKinney Bike Rally on June 14th. but first i'll complete the Mesquite Bike Rally. 8)

there is one thing i wish i had tho: a friend that can ride with me. maybe one day, i'll find a friend that i can ride with. one day. 8)

until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

i appreciate feedback and that u took time to read my blog.